Monday 26 January 2015

Sexy cheese steak

So, the Geico Gecko can literally do no wrong. He is in my top 5 best anthropomorphic characters on TV, (behind Sexual Harassment Panda, Brian from Family Guy, Grover the Waiter and the Curious Orange. Yeah - one for the oldies right there!) I think that I would find it difficult to turn my back on him even if he pulled a "Cosby".

Its light relief to hear a cock-er-ney accent cut through all the fast-paced cheesy jerkwads that voice the rest of the ads here. Its the same reason I love the Scottish dude on the grass adverts.

Add to that the little bit of humor that he brings to the dull subject of insurance and the fact that he's ADORABLE and he always brings a smile to my face.

Well, I discovered two things this week that make me love him a little bit more.


  1. His actual name in Martin. Martin the Gecko. Yes.
  2. He is currently voiced by Jake Woods. Does that name ring any bells? It bloody well should. Eastenders fans will know him as Max Branning, Strictly fans will know him from his snake hips and disturbing sex appeal and everyone else in England (all 3 of you) will deffo recognize his face from off the telly. 


Watching the ad where Martin busts a move has never been more appropriate:


See!!! Check out those hips!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment