Tuesday 15 October 2013

One at a time...

Having grown up with American culture references (thank you Family Guy/Simpsons et al) I am reveling in every new experience I have here.

Today I am exploring pop culture on the TV (for blog-related research, of course) by watching Today, The View and, my personal favourite, Rachael Ray.
I've seen Ms Ray before and today's mix of maple bacon burgers and chat is a cracking watch.

Sadly, The View and Today do not match up. Seriously - can you all just speak one at a time? Its like Christmas at home - everyone has an opinion to share and no real interest in anyone else's thoughts. Don't get me wrong - I'm exactly the same. Step to me with an opinion and you'd better be prepared to be shouted down with an ill-informed contrary view (whether I agree or not - its all about making you feel like I know more than you), but I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to watch the spectacle (except my poor husband).

Its apparently called 'morning zoo' and is a formal presenting style, though there are variations on this. Listeners to the Chris Moyles BBC Radio One Breakfast show will have heard it at its best. Only one person spoke at a time. To the extent that it actually looked awkward and slow when they put TV cameras in the studio. Professional.

Compare that to Shouty Mc-Talky and friends. Please, one at a time, chaps. I implore you!! I don't have enough ears to distinguish the three conversations going on. Or enough brain power to distinguish between the interesting facts, funny quips and dribbly noise that is trumpeting out of your cake-holes.


Now, to explore the on-demand offering - good job I stocked up on Kool-Aid and chips yesterday - I may be here some time...

No comments:

Post a Comment