Wednesday 12 March 2014

They take recycling SUPER seriously...as do I, as do I! (Geez)

Stop judging me! I was washing my hair when the recycling van first arrived in the UK and when I came back out of the bathroom everyone already knew what to do, so I just pretended I did too.

And now I'm in the US, once again I was apparently painting my toenails when they gave out the recycling handbook. So I'm sussing this stuff out slowly, because if I ask I just KNOW someone will say "So, you've been mixing your cardboard and your glass ALL this time? For shame!".

Here is what I have sussed out so far (at my own expense) - plastic bags are no longer given out in supermarkets in California. If you want a bag it'll be a paper bag, and it'll cost you. Best to bring a few 'bags for life' wherever you go (noted.)

Secondly - you can get five cents for every bottle or can you take to the recycle place. So, my motivation for recycling is financially driven? Bloody genius! That's how you force the lazy gits like me! Well played, California, well played.


No comments:

Post a Comment