Wednesday 16 March 2016

Travel winge 10

And there was me thinking that the international home of logic and engineering would furnish me with a pleasantly efficient airport experience. Ding dong, you're wrong! Lets recap the basic principle of the US - everything has a price. However one feels about this approach you do get used to it, so when faced with 3 hours in Frankfurt airport, nowhere to sit and have a coffee within 3 miles of the gate (seriously - its a fucking huge airport) and a husband who can access the business lounge we assumed that a guest pass would be available for purchase. Lets face it - its money for old rope - $30 for an automated cappuccino and some mixed nuts.

Turns out Lufthansa (who own the lounge) will not be pressured into delivering a good service, even if one is prepared to pay. They are the only lounge I have ever come across who don't offer guest passes that can be purchased. Seriously? The vibe I got from the little fräulein at the desk was that if I'd wanted access I should have bought a business ticket in advance. These are the rules and there is simply no way round them. And no questioning them. And no disobeying them.

K Lufthansa. Whatevs. Your breakfast was an abomination, FYI. Please do not serve "pancakes" (LOL - I question the validity of that description, but ok) with a sticky strawberry syrup to people who have just woken up again. I was finding little sticky patches on my clothes/skin/hair for DAYS.

Also, apparently, smoking rooms are still a thing in certain european airports. Seriously, I thought we'd evolved beyond that?? Like hot boxes of cancer.

reddit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment