Friday 11 July 2014

Dr Johnsons' post-watershed word of the day

Dr Johnsons' post-watershed word of the day





Aw, hey! I've missed you guys! You're looking great! Have you been working out? Me? Oh, I've been a bit slack recently.









Geez, fishing for compliments, much?








Well, some of us would benefit from a bit more exercise and a bit less navel-gazing, Mr Gouty-pegs!








Fuck off - you know thats hereditary.







Anyhoo, my little wordsmiths, we're going a little bit naughty today, with three words that mean very different things depending on where you plan to use them! And I'm not just talking about pronunciation issues (I'm looking at you, the delightful Mickey Flanagan)! If you're a cunning linguist then you've probably come across 'fanny' before...





Fnar!!!








Grow up! You know what I meant. In the US this is a slang term for your bottom, but in the UK its actually slang for a lady's vajayay.







Yeah, I think you'll find we invented the fucking language, so I don't know how you guys got so
confused. You don't know your crack from your clunge!





Gross.
Secondly we have a US term that has very different connotations in the UK, bearing in mind the use of the word 'bum' as slang for 'bottom'.

bum-rush
verb
USinformal
Suddenly force or barge one's way into.





Pfffffffft!!








Seriously, grow up.

Finally, a rather offensive slang term for a homosexual man in the US, 'fag', can be heard throughout the sixth form common rooms of the British Isles, as young people ask to 'bum a fag' meaning to 'have one of your cigarettes'.







BAHAHAHAHA!!










Dammit! I can't take you anywhere!












'Dickhead' is the same both sides of the pond though, right?










Jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment